Monday, March 7, 2011

Notebooks

My room
is filled
with notebooks.
All different sizes
and colors
and textures.
So many that
sometimes
I can't contain them all.
I can't let out all my feelings
into them
becuase
I have too many
pages
to choose from...
Too many different ways
I could write it out.
Too many thoughts, especially.
Thoughts about
poetry.
Thoughts about
God
Thoughts about
my thoughts...
Thoughts about
everything.
And I have a notebook
for each.
My notebooks
speak
for me.
They say the things
I am afraid to say
out loud.
It's funny because
I express my
real
true
feelings
as if
telling the world
what I really think.
It's as if
I want everyone to know
how self-centered
and cruel
I think some of them are.
And yet,
I hide my notebooks
in my room
under a pillow
so
nobody
can
read
them.
I guess i'm the type
that's all
talk
but no
action.

I really don't hate the world
I guess my notebooks
make it seem that way.
I just have so many
things
bottled
up
inside.
So much pain
caused by uncaring people
so much anger
brought by
high-school...
And really
writing this
will not solve or change that.
Since i'll probably go home today
and complain
some more
in
my
notebooks.
And those people
I write about
will never know
how
I
truly
feel.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! this is good. oo, yeah I liked it. I like how you started simple, about all these note books and you created the image, then you told about the use of the notebooks and what's in them, then you talked about the meaning and how you felt abou them. so good.

    ReplyDelete