Saturday, March 12, 2011

Love is...

I don't really like having to define love. Because love is felt and described differently with every different person in the world. Everyone has their own love story, their own lover, their own way they love others. Everybody loves in a different way. So who am I to say what love is? But, that IS the assignment, so I guess I'll try anyways.

I was inspired when we discussed how love is the little things.

Love is putting the toothpaste on her toothbrush for her before she wakes.
Love is scooping the ice-cream for her, and adding more after she says that's enough.
Love is leaving a note, even though you already told her where you were going.
Love is wiping off the hairs all over the sink from when you shaved this morning, so she doesn't have to do it again.
Love is hanging up your coat, and putting your shoes against the wall so she doesn't trip again.
Love is shooting that little kid with a nerf gun because he was flirting with your girlfriend.
Love is giving up half of your french fries, even if you could easily eat them all yourself.
Love is playing basketball in the rain, even though you HATE sports and suck at them, but he enjoys it.
Love is feeding the dog for them without them having to ask you.
Love is coming home to clean dishes, washed laundry, and a clean room, with your sweetheart waiting up for you with a smile and a hug.
Love is plunking out 'chopsticks' on the piano, because you don't know any other song, but you wanted to play her something to impress her.
Love is grabbing his favorite candy bar for him at the check-out stand, because when you saw it, he was the first one you thought of.
Love is leaving a dorky note in his 'notes' on his iPhone.
Love is running through the sprinklers like you're still 5 years old.
Love is sharing a piece of chocolate cream pie, and downing it in 28 seconds flat.
Love is writing 'I Love You!!' in the snow, or on the driveway in colored chalk.
Love is locking him out, and then smiling at him through the window.
Love is making popcorn in the microwave, and smashing your faces up to the glass together to watch it pop.

"Love is giving up your life, without dying."

6 comments:

  1. I love that you focused on the simple things. It can be hard to remember the simple things when love seems so complex and undefinable. But, you did a wonderful job defining love. After all, it is all the little things that make the biggest influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the beginning where you told your audience that there is no way to define love. I agree with you that there are different ways to experiance love. Everyone has their own experiances of it. Love is so random...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that last line was awesome!! killer ending! i love the way you see love as!! the things described is the kind of person anyone would want to be with. this was real cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, the last line, "Love is giving up your life but not dying" was taken from somebody else in my class... I wish it was mine! It inspired me so I had to add it :)

    thanks guys, I'm so glad everyone loves it :D I'm so flattered :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you know so much about love? You must be in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ;) well, it seems I must be... ;) haha

    ReplyDelete