Monday, March 7, 2011

I'll Be In The Sky (prompt 19)


When reaching for the stars,
some will stop
at the grass.
Some may be brave enough
to reach the tree-tops
But when you look for me,
look high.
I’ll be in the sky.
I’ll be the one
that wasn’t afraid
to reach out
and stretch my arm
to it’s fullest extent.
I’ll be the one
who worked
and worked
and w o r k e d…
To fulfill
the highest of dreams.
I will not wait.
I will not have patience
for those
who sit in the grass.
Because those who do
were those who
gave
up
early.
They were those
who did not
B E L I E V E
in themselves.
They did not think
they could make it.
They thought maybe
the trees were the edge
of the boundary.
So they settled for less.
But I chose to suffer.
I chose to suffer the hardships
of work
and pain
and trial
to make myself
Strong
and
Sturdy.
To be someone
that others can lean on
and look up to.

I have worked for this.
I have made
an incredible effort
to get this high.
I guess I feel as if
I deserve it…
At least
I think I do…
I hope I do.
Nobody told me
the speed I was supposed to travel
Nobody told me
the limit.
So I went
Faster
And
Higher
Than most.
And I think
I earned it.
So if you’re looking
for those
who succeeded,
or if you’re looking
for someone special
someone who tried
someone who was worth
the pain
someone who deserves
to live like the stars…
reach up high
to find me
because
I’ll
be in
the sky.

5 comments:

  1. Did you write this? It was incredible. I really can't believe how good this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D Yeah, I wrote it :) Nelson assigned all of us a title to a random song, and we had to write about it, so I came up with this poem :) I'm really proud of it actually haha... I'm really flattered that somebody liked it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you fall from the sky and into the grass and be happy. I didn't want to stop flying, but someone held me back. When you fly overhead, look for me...back in the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very good but im afraid if i do look in the sky i will go blind by the sun and thats just not a risk im willing to take haaha

    ReplyDelete