Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why I Sing.

written March 8, 2011
I sing because the music was built and created inside of me. I was made to sing. I sing because, to create such a magnificent sound that can move people is a sound worth making. I sing because it fills me up. Because it takes me into a place that nothing or nobody else can take me to. I sing because it fills my soul with beauty and feeling and love. It makes my head spin until i’m dizzy, and my heart beat at incredible speeds. I sing because it makes my knees weak, and my mouth as dry as a desert from being so nervous. My breathe becomes short, and my body is covered in chills. I sing because despite all that, the moment I step on stage and open my mouth, everything falls into place. My soul and my heart are calm and peaceful. My body stands tall and strong and steady, ready to take on any piece of music. My breathe becomes slow and calm, deep and open. Perfect for my song. And the chills on my body slowly fade away, as the heat of the spotlight fills me up from bottom to top. I sing for that feeling.
But most of all, I sing for the end of the song. Why, you ask? Because at the end... That’s when I see what my music does to people. It fills their souls... it softens their hearts. And best of all, it brings a smile to their face. That’s what it’s all about, for me. Bringing joy to their hearts. And that’s when I feel the MOST successful. 
“True success is making other people happy.” - Charles M. Schulz

No comments:

Post a Comment