Saturday, February 19, 2011

Satisfaction (not an assignment, just for fun)

I’m not really sure
How to start this one…
Because I just want to get
Straight
To the feeling
Rather than making some
Long
Meaningless
Introduction…
I want to talk about that feeling
The feeling that leaves me
Completely
SATSIFIED.
It’s hard to keep that feeling sometimes…
When
Everyone
Can make you frustrated
Well, some people at least…
They make me feel
Bottled up
Tight
In my chest
Head spinning
Can’t stop…
Can’t stop keeping it in
Can’t let it out.
Can’t.

I must be silent
In order to stay sane.
I must be elegant
Charming
Sweet
Unnoticeable
In order
To stay
Normal
In order to keep
From bursting
From going crazy and 
Freaking out at everyone…

Because that would be 
A little strange…

All I want
Is to feel
Free
And 
Satisfied
With myself.
And don’t get me wrong
I am satisfied
With the person I am
But
I’m a little uneasy
If I can’t feel
The satisfaction of happiness.
There are few things
That bring this feeling.
When I am able to
Talk easily
And 
Express myself
Without fear
Of judgment,
Ridicule,
Or hurt
When I am able to
Sing
My song
Of life
Both literally
And figuratively
To those
Who are willing
To listen.
Or even when I’m able
To cry
So hard
It hurts
Cry so hard
And deep
And gently.
When someone is there
Ready to get
A wet shoulder…
Because they are there…
They are there to comfort.

I want to keep this feeling…
And keep it there
And keep
It there
And keep
It
There.

This overwhelming feeling,
This and more,
Is what brings me
Total
S A T I S F A C T I O N.

2 comments:

  1. the way you did the format of the post was neat. i was scrolling so fast that i didnt want it to end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Aretha said it best when she sang "I cain't get no...satifaction..."

    ReplyDelete