Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Direct Orders

We are under the direct order to Rock Out.

Rock out like that piece of chocolate DIDN'T make me sick to my stomach. Rock out like it's 2:14 on Friday. Rock out like I finally hit that note LOUD and STRONG. Rock out like I finally did that spin on my horse perfectly. Rock out like it's your first kiss with that PERFECT guy. Rock out like HE was the one who wanted to kiss YOU. Rock out like I have no cavities at my dentist check-up. Rock out like you just got accepted to your dream college. Rock out like it's the last 80's dance ever. Rock out like Elvis is in your basement and dad's bangin on the drums like a pro. Rock out like you FINALLY got your own room after 8 freaking years with your sister! Rock out like she's finally asleep so you can steal the T.V. remote. Rock out like you finally beat that addiction. Rock out like your parents decided not to divorce. Rock out like WW2 is over. Rock out like the doctor said he actually couldn't find any cancer in your body, and that he had made a mistake in the first test. Rock out like you've got a day left to live, and you've done all you wanted to do. Rock out like this is the last time you'll ever have to go on an awkward date. Rock out like the power's out. Rock out like it's back on again. Rock out like you made the winning goal at your final game. Rock out like all there is, is you, your iPod, and your rainy driveway. Rock out like your 2 favorite T.V. characters finally admitted they love each other after 2 years. Rock out like you're Elton John. Like you're Elvis. Like you're the Beach Boys. Like you're 30 Seconds to Mars. Like you're Queen. Rock out like this is the last math test you will ever have to take. Rock out like there's only 10 minutes of rain left to fall. Rock out like you get to sing in front of a million people tonight. Rock out like your life depended on it, because it does! Rock out like this is the last weekend, like these are the last words.

5 comments:

  1. Adore this: "Rock out like the power's out. Rock out like it's back on again."

    You've got some nice images in here, and it's easy to relate with.

    Oh, and this: "Rock out like there's only 10 minutes of rain left to fall." Very nice.

    I was a bit confused by how you switched around from "Rock out like I..." to "Rock out like you..." But it's fine; nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rocking out like I'm my favorite artist. Very truthful lines in there. Lots of life experiences. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock out like she's finally asleep so you can steal the T.V. remote. That sounds like my little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how you did this. it looks great! i love how you bolded the "rock outs" good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last phrase: "Like these are the last words."

    ReplyDelete