Saturday, February 19, 2011

"A Day In The Life Of Music" (not an assignment, just a post...)

Every morning I wake up to a different tune, dancing around my room, waiting for me to wake. I do not want to move, because if I do, it would disturb the movement of the music. Finally, I wake, and open my window, only to see something new outside every day. Everything I see out there is music. A glorious symphony of colors and shapes, all different and blowing in the wind. It feels good to me. As I ready myself, the music plays, setting the mood I will be in for the rest of the day… I drive to school, just like any other day, continuing the music I had to stop while getting ready… when I walk in the school, I see everyone’s different song. Everyone has a different tune they are walking to that day. It sets their mood, their expressions, their emotions. Before I see them, I see their song. My classroom is full of music, even though it is completely silent. Music on the floor, on shelves, plastered all over the piano… the piano… it has been through a countless number of songs and tunes and rhythms. By only looking can you see the music oozing from every part of it… waiting for more… while everyone arrives, they prepare to sing… for the most part… we all join together in song, and create something fairly beautiful… when everyone feels the music, has passion for the music and becomes the music, it becomes the best it can be. It finds a way into our hearts and into our souls… together we create something indescribable. Throughout the rest of the school day, I am humming the tunes, singing in the halls, creating an echo for everyone to hear. It is on my mind all day, and into the night… when I find solitude in my room, blasting so loud I can barely hear my own thoughts. It plays so loud that my body fills to the top with something I cannot describe. I feel full, I feel complete, I close my eyes and feel the chills running through me. The rhythm will find a way into my heart, twisting and turning and weaving through every part of me, until the rhythm of the music and the beat of my heart intertwine. I cannot fully describe this feeling, for it was never meant to be spoken, only felt. When I lay my head down again that night, the music is playing in my head… it is completely silent all around me. My ears are ringing… yet the music plays on, tune by tune, beat by beat, rhythm by beautiful rhythm… it never ends… it helps me to sleep, when I dream of it all through the night, and into the morning, when it satisfyingly starts all over again…

No comments:

Post a Comment