Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm Thinking About You.......

I'm thinking about you like sand thinks about the beach. Like Rome thinks about art. Like writing thinks about Paris. I'm thinking about you like a toothbrush thinks about toothpaste. Like a brush thinks about his comb. Like gloves think about hands. I'm thinking about you like Elvis thinks about shakin' his hips. Like a pick thinks about it's guitar. Like a piano thinks about fingers. I"m thinking about you like a song thinks about lyrics. Like trumpets think about saliva. Like monsters think about closets. I'm thinking about you like sprinklers think about grass. Like clouds think about the sky. Like clouds think about rain. I'm thinking about you like thunder thinks about lightning. Like the sunset thinks about the horizon. Like the moon thinks about the stars. I'm thinking about you like the sun thinks about fire. Like flames think about burning... I'm thinking about you like I think about how I wish this post was better, but i'm having writer's block... I can't think of a creative way to write it all out, but i'm trying... I'm trying to write better but I just can't stop thinking about you instead, because when I think about you my mind is consumed with the thought of you, so, how can I think about writing well, when i'm thinking about you?

1 comment:

  1. So the brush and the comb have something going on? Nice.

    "I'm thinking about you like the sun thinks about fire." I don't know why I like this so much. And when I thought of fire, I didn't think that the sun was made of fire, I just pictured a campfire and a jealous sun.

    ReplyDelete