Monday, April 25, 2011

Ghandiiiiiiiii

When will we own ourselves completely? An obvious answer, coming for a kid my age, would say, "Well duh, when we move out and have our own place and pay for our own stuff..." But, being a writer, I like to look at things a little deeper than that. And i'm sure everyone else is going to as well, since we're all in this class.

We own ourselves when we find ourselves. And when do we find ourselves? When we fulfill our dreams. When we reach our goals. When we become what we've always wanted to be. A lot of the time, resistance is keeping us from reaching our goals. Or sometimes it's just the fact that we keep forgetting. I keep forgetting to fulfill my dreams. I keep forgetting to try... I keep forgetting that my dream has been to sing on stage, in front of thousands of people. My dream is to show every person i've ever met, and even those i've never met, that I can sing like an angel. (Or, at least I like to think I can... sometimes...) When I fulfill that dream, THAT'S when I own myself. THAT'S when I become the greatest I can be.

Because, when you're fulfilling your dream, in that moment, don't you feel something special? Don't you get goosebumps, and feel this amazing feeling that you can't describe? You get that feeling of, "This, THIS is what I was made to do. This is what I'm supposed to be doing." This is the feeling of owning ourselves. We feel as if we've conquered the world, because in a sense, we have. We have conquered our world. Nothing can bring us down in that moment of glory.

I keep forgetting to remember all this! That's a problem. But, for now, I will remember this light... I have seen the truth, and I have discovered the impossible. Now all I have to do is continue to remember... Can't forget this feeling. Can't.

Tonight is not the last time i'll see the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment